There are 13 subtle and intangible regions we can go to after death. In the current era, approximately only 5% of us make it to the positive regions of Heaven (Swarga), Maharlok and above.
Some principles that govern which of our departed ancestors we can meet in the afterlife:
1. Same region:
Subtle-bodies of relatives in the same region can meet each other easily. For example, two subtle-bodies of relatives in the Nether region (Bhuvarlok) can meet each other.
2. Subtle to subtler regions:
It is not possible for a person in a subtle (intangible) plane to meet a person in an even more subtle-plane of existence. After the Earth region (Bhūlok), the Nether region is the most gross (tangible). A subtle-body in one of the planes in the Nether region cannot go to meet a subtle-body in Heaven or the 1st Region of Hell (Pātāl).
3. Subtle-regions to more gross regions:
A subtle-body from a more subtle-plane of existence can go to a grosser (less subtle) plane of existence. For example, a subtle-body in the 3rd Region of Hell can go to meet a person in the 1st Region of Hell on a temporary basis. Such visits usually last for as long as they are required and are also dependent on the spiritual strength of the visiting subtle-body.
4. Subtle higher regions:
Subtle-bodies in the higher positive subtle-regions of Maharlok are so spiritually advanced that they are devoid of desires including the desire to meet family members. The main purpose of their existence is to grow spiritually.
5. Subtle-bodies in Heaven experience immense happiness and are generally caught up in the subtle-pleasures that Heaven has to offer. As a result, the desire to meet previous relatives just does not encroach upon their consciousness.
6. Visiting Region of the Dead or Earth: Subtle-bodies in any subtle-region can visit the subtle-bodies in the Region of the Dead or Earth region.
7. A ghost of higher spiritual strength in the lower regions of Hell can temporarily enter higher positive regions such as Heaven to upset the peace.
Did you know that there can also be risks involved with meeting our loved ones or deparated ancestors in the afterlife?
- The Harvesting of Souls & the Sanskrit Texts (wakingtimes.com)
- Truth : The Subtle Body (echoesintruth.wordpress.com)
- Miracles With Reference to Control of Prana Energy (superenergykundalini.wordpress.com)